My quilt is called "We've Gone to Plaid" for Project Quilting season 8 challenge 5 titled well-dressed man. I was looking through the tumbler of the men in suits that was in the inspiration section of the challenge post, and started thinking about men in skirts. So I was then thinking about kilts and plaid. Without thinking too much about how much of a challenge it would be, I searched plaid quilts and didn't see a pattern available that I liked, so I figured I would make my own.
I did some google searches about plaid and came up with a wrapping paper that I thought looked nice. So I took a screen shot, printed a photo, then went to the office supply store to get graph paper. After figuring out how the plaid worked and doing the math to figure out how much I needed I got to choose the fabrics. There are 15 different Kona Cotton Solids in this quilt. A few of the colors are not my faves, but they were necessary to make the plaid work.
I cut all the pieces for the entire quilt first - then following my map I started piecing the blocks. I got 3 rows finished Sunday evening watching the Oscars. Then, Monday I finished the quilt top and tossed it on the long arm for wavy line quilting to soften all the right angles.
Tuesday I prepped and sewed the binding to the quilt and then pressed it for hand stitching. Today, I finished the hand binding and can call it done. :D This piece finishes at 84" square and was made in Madison, WI.
I hope you all enjoy!
-- Jen M.