My thought was to have this sort of very spare and stylized. I usually work 40"x 60" so I can donate to Project Linus. I don't want a bunch of little quilts piled up around here. With the icy weather, I didn't get out until Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning to look for the orange fabric...didn't really find what I wanted: several shades of juicy close together.
The design was rushed and turned out smaller than I wanted; was using the curves that I learned from Sherrie Lynn Woods improv book. At least it is finished and ready to donate! (after a showing at the February Madison Modern Quilt Guild meeting as I rarely have a FINISHED project to show!)
made by Linda Orr
Inspired by the Project QUILTING Challenge Carolina Lily